The better side

There's just so much about college that I don't know where to begin.

Okay first, the ALSTAR (A-Level Student Ambassador) group. My team. I'm just really glad that our event turned out well and was a success. I remember when we had our first meeting and all, I was just so negative about it because I sort of told myself that I'm in college only to STUDY and not take part in anything at all. I.  didn't want to repeat my mistake of getting too involved causing my studies to be neglected. Had a tough time in Form 5, seriously. Moreover, dad's paying so much for me to be here. I felt that I shouldn't waste it at all but should just focus on my aim to achieve excellent results to get into a good university..
So being at the meeting was just making me feel guilty and I certainly wasn't enthusiastic about whatever event we were going to come up with.
But, being the 'member-who-feels-obliged-to-do-my-part' as always, I did go for the meeting and helped out during the event. Lo and behold, it was actually fun! Particularly because I got to know my group members better and it was a whole social milestone for me :) and perhaps I've never had close guy friends so I've never really got to experience the fun of their witty jokes. So that was quite a memorable experience.
Basically, it's all about balance. I need to manage my time well and have self-discipline. Prioritise the right things and let other matters wait. Yeah, I can do this!

Next, to my classmates. Okay, to be honest, as always, I am not in the 'cool gang'. But I don't think it's of any significance because when I overhear their conversations, I think there's a reason why God places some people in my life and not just everyone. Their language doesn't really abide by my regulations and way of expressing myself. But it's not like they're bad people. They can be rather fun at times; and nice too :) and I'm quite thankful for them :)
However, it's just unavoidable that there will be one or two shy people who are more than isolated. I know they feel lonely. So I decided to talk to this classmate and made the first move. He was really shy at first, but he's slowly opening up :D It's such a satisfaction when he does! It makes my efforts feel worthwhile! even if it's going slowly... I guess people do feel the warmth you offer them when you reach out. They feel appreciated and special, like they're worth our efforts of talking to them when other people simply settle with a remark "He's just weird".
So yeah, I'm glad with this. Even though a classmate told me "you're TOO nice", I don't really mind being that, because I know that all those 'weird' people are touched and who knows, I might change a life.

Wow blogging just makes me feel so much better. It's like releasing everything and the fact that I started blogging about the good stuff just drives away all the emotional matters that I don't think I need to blog about them anymore. In fact, they don't even bother me now! How cool is that.

Lesson: Be grateful, don't keep focusing on the meagre problems but learn from them, and get over them.

Comments