An altogether new college

Here I am, in KMS (Kolej Matrikulasi Selangor)! Made it in with lots of prayer from mum and it's my 2nd choice written but truly my first choice deep down. You should take a look at the campus. Simply new, clean, beautiful. Love it. Love my room too! It's a pretty huge contrast to my previous hostel. So I'm really thankful for this. Truly, thank you God! :))

Great view from my room window
Okay so this week was a whole week of orientation. The facilitators (the batch before us) are the main people conducting this, I would say. Though some are really fierce, they're actually truly loving and it's a great fun to have them here! I'm really gonna miss the sessions we had together. They just go all out to help us with anything we have problems with. To be honest, I think this one week of getting just three and a half hours of  sleep at night with an urgency to gather on time REALLY does discipline us. It exposes us to life here whereby not everything is as easy as it seems. The one important thing would be the duration walking from one place to another. I never knew the campus was so huge. Time management!

Next, to the one that bugs a lot of us. Kokurikulum. Getting a 4.0 pointer is essential, yes, but it takes more than that to get into a good university for Medicine. The 10% koko marks would make a big difference here. Of course, I don't want to do unnecessary activities and miss my 4.0 flat. But we still have to do SOMETHING to get reasonably high koko marks; to enter the university of our choice. This really stresses me out but I guess for now, I'll just focus more on studying. I really need to talk to Anjanette after her exam and ask her every detail about this because I seriously never knew there was so much to it.

So far, the food is okay. The toilets, uhm, still getting used to them.. The weather is very unpredictable here but it can get really cool at night. Love it. Facilities are superb too. Pretty excited to try out the bicycles tomorrow morning! Have yet to find out where the jamming room is, and also yet to form a group to jam with. Would really love that. There are numerous courts! Badminton, volleyball, netball, softball, hockey, petanque (though I have no idea what that is), ping pong, squash, a whole 400m track, as mentioned, bicycles, a gymnasium! woohoo. No excuse for not exercising here man!

My regular church shoes on college grounds
Then it's another essential. Church. Just long to be in His presence after a long tiring day because it simply refreshes me; and I really want to root down in a suitable church here where I can grow and mature spiritually. It's pretty hard to find another believer who wants to go to the same church as I do, but I'll just have to pray. Believing God for friends in whom we can build each other up.

Next week begins our lessons. Thus begins the strive. No procastinating. Really hope to keep my studies consistent. We have exams every 2 months! No time to waste. It's gonna go like a bullet train.

Drawing strength from God. <3

Beautiful skies almost every day :) 

Comments